559-734-4028 | 777 N Burke Street Visalia, CA 93292
Today's cars, light trucks, and sport-utility vehicles are high-tech marvels with digital dashboards, oxygen sensors, electronic computers, unibody construction, and more. They run better, longer, and more efficiently than models of years past.
But when it comes to repairs, some things stay the same. The following tips should help you along the way:
Do your homework before taking your vehicle in for repairs or service.
- Read the owner's manual to learn about the vehicle's systems and components.
- Follow the recommended service schedules.
- Keep a log of all repairs and service.
When you think about it, you know your car better than anyone else. You drive it every day and know how it feels and sounds when everything is right. So don't ignore its warning signals.
Use all of your senses to inspect your car frequently. Check for:
- Unusual sounds, odors, drips, leaks, smoke, warning lights, gauge readings.
- Changes in acceleration, engine performance, gas mileage, fluid levels.
- Worn tires, belts, hoses.
- Problems in handling, braking, steering, vibrations.
- Note when the problem occurs.
- Is it constant or periodic?
- When the vehicle is cold or after the engine has warmed up?
- At all speeds? Only under acceleration? During braking? When shifting?
- When did the problem first start?
Once you are at our location, communicate your findings.
- Be prepared to describe the symptoms.
- Carry a written list of the symptoms that you can give us.
- Resist the temptation to suggest a specific course of repair. Just as you would with your physician, tell us where it hurts and how long it's been that way, but let the technician diagnose and recommend a remedy.
Stay involved. . . Ask questions.
- Ask as many questions as needed to fully understand your repair. Ask for laymen terms if needed.
- Don't rush the technician to make an on-the-spot diagnosis. You may ask to be called and apprised of the problem, course of action, and costs before work begins.
- Before you leave, be sure you understand all shop policies regarding labor rates, guarantees, and acceptable methods of payment.
- Leave a telephone number where you can be called.
Discover More About Appointments and Repair Services At Central Valley Towing & Automotive in Visalia
Ask The Mechanic
Auto Repair Near Rector
Bjorn Nilsen, 04/05/2023
I have used Central Valley Towing on a number of occasions and keep coming back to them for quality, timely, and valued service. However, I am prompted to write today to praise the service I received from your driver Tyler - what a delightful man!!! When I called for help, I was in a bad mood....a very bad mood. The last thing I needed that morning was trouble and yet, there I was in trouble and I called for help from folks who I knew would help. When Tyler arrived, he immediately recognized me from prior service and approached me with the most positive and infectious moods. Yeah, trouble, cost, and inconvenience, and yet, Tyler's level of personalized service changed my entire morning!!! What a wonderful person you have on your team - I simply cannot tell you just how he changed my day and played such a strong role in helping me work past the troubles of that morning. Central Valley Towing and its people like Tyler are the reason you are in my contacts list.....because when trouble comes, its great to know that wonderful people will be there to help!!! Thank you Central Valley Towing......and THANK YOU TYLER!